Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 2 Report Card

For Lady Bird and Buddy, here's the progress report:


The Night at Our House: Let's just say Karma has payed us a visit. LB cried a little and we took her out to potty once along with Buddy. She cried later and we had to move her crate into the next room, but she didn't have an accident. Buddy, however, had a hard night. He couldn't figure out where to be, and often tried to be a turban on my head. Enzo wasn't a factor as he passed out at the foot of the bed and got the best sleep out of all of us. Then Buddy started heaving and we got him in the bathroom where he got sick (he seems better this evening, eating and drinking). So.... yeah, dunno how we're going to arrange things tonight, but I missed work today and I gotta go tomorrow, so it may be the Mike D. night at the kennel.

Morning Potty: Lady Bird (LB) did great and I assume Buddy made use of the door

Morning Meal: LB ate her meal, Buddy left to graze

Seclusion: Even though I called out, I thought it best I take Buddy and LB to their house and try to get caught up on sleep. Unfortunately, LB busted free again. She was a little more creative with her free time, she dragged in the Chem Lawn yard sign and shredded it, along with a circular (nothing of import, I think). She had an accident or two in the living room and dining room, but Mike and I got any stain out, you can't even tell. The good news is I'm pretty sure she stayed downstairs, as that gate was still in place. I did the gate pretty tight and took one of your rubbermaid containers in the garage as a second line of defense, but she still got a corner of the gate free and squeezed out. The funny thing is the green teddy I left in there to play with was out, so she either busted out with it in her mouth or she went back for it. At least Mike's weekend is starting so no more Home Alone for her.

Afternoon: Playing like yesterday, Buddy pigged out, good to see.

Meal: LB having her dinner now, and she's had both halves of her pill.

So, despite a bumpy night and the escaping, everyone's healthy and happy... referring to the dogs there :) The humans are grateful for friends that've done this before for us, and realize we're soooo not ready to be parents!

Regan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing AWESOME! We just read the blog updates. I'm soo sorry LB has been a little wizzer at our house. We'll be home tomorrow! :-) Although I'm pretty sure you nor Mike will EVER sign up to puppy sit again. Thanks again Regan for doing this. Loved the blog updates.