Thursday, June 12, 2008

Report Card Check In

For Lady Bird and Buddy, here's the progress report:

Morning Potty: Lady Bird (LB) did great and I assume Buddy made use of the door

Morning Meal: LB only ate the yogurt enhanced portion of her meal, Buddy left to graze

Seclusion: Unfortunately, LB busted her way free, which I realized when I came through the door and she barked at me from the balcony. Yikes! She had a "Type 2" accident upstairs, but it was the cleanest such accident ever witnessed by me, and I used the correct spray just to erase any lingering essence. I did a very CSI walk through and found no pee stains or puddles, and I witnessed her using the doggie door both going out and coming in (don't know if that's a first). Tomorrow I plan to barricade the laundry room better, perhaps with a chair, because she didn't knock it all down, just tilted it at an angle, so something blocking that would prevent it (in theory). I'll also block the stairs in a way that in case she does break out, maybe it'll keep her downstairs.

Afternoon: LB did great potty when I came over after work. You're not kidding with Buddy having no sea legs, man! We got over to our house fine, everyone loved the backyard and made use of it often.

Meal: LB finished ALL of her food! Yeah! She's gotten both halves of the medicine (12 hours apart). Buddy is quick to claim an available lap (either of ours). Enzo and LB locked in orbit of each other, neither willing to walk away, but they seem happy. Hoping they tucker each other out and we'll put on a movie soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someday, hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to keep a puppy in a designated area! I have a dream!

Regan

No comments: